Beginning July 1, ERUUF Groups may meet indoors by making a reservation through the Office (request a room/space).
People who come to campus will wear masks
- if unvaccinated
- when in worship
- when children are present
- at the discretion of the group in adult meetings
- and bring their own drinking water and snacks
- Kitchens on campus remain closed. No food or beverages may be prepared or shared on campus at this time.
- Group size is limited to 50% capacity in most rooms.
- Music Groups with a designated leader may rehearse in the sanctuary beginning June 15, 2021.
- The Group members must wear masks when singing; use the HEPA filter.
- Rehearsals are limited to 75 people in the Sanctuary.
- Memorials and Weddings are currently for ERUUF members only (see full policy for additional information).
Before meeting on campus requirements:
- The group’s leader will contact the ERUUF Office (Facilities Coordinator) and provide information about the size of the group and the requested day and time of meeting(s). Link to online space request form: request a room/space
- The ERUUF Office/Facilities Coordinator will designate space for the group based on availabilty.
- The group leader, minister, or senior staff member will share Rules of Use with group members.
- The group may meet if all members who attend in person agree to the rules.
- For any non-office hours times, you must obtain a key from the office. A $25 key deposit is required for each key. Keys are made available 7 days prior to the event. Keys need to be returned to the office no later than 7 days after the event. Please see office schedule and contact info here.
- Use only the room(s) assigned to you.
- The space is only available to you during the timeframe of your reservation or rental. This includes setup and clean-up. If you need more time, please contact the office.
- You must have permission to use the kitchen prior to using it.
- Use of piano or other equipment requires approval prior to use.
- Follow the provided instructions for equipment.
- Security and key deposits shall be returned to you within 10 business days provided keys are returned in working condition and the room(s) are in the same or better condition as before your room use.
Before You Leave Checklist
Note: The ERUUF Office is referred to as "the office" below.
Please see your contract for specific dates, amounts and payment schedules. The following is offered as a general guideline. Your initial payment secures your reservation.
|Event Type||Initial Payment||Security / Key Deposits||Other Payments|
|One time event||50% of rental fee||due 2 weeks before event||balance due 2 weeks before event|
|Recurring / monthly event||1st monthly payment||due 2 weeks before 1st event||monthly amount, see contract for dates|
In consideration of the use of ERUUF facilities the entity or individual indicated above agrees to reimburse ERUUF for all damages to the premises caused by any users, their guests or invitees as a result of the use of the premises, to the extent such damages exceed the amount of the security deposit paid.
It is further agreed that the entity or individual shall indemnify and hold harmless ERUUF from the claims and judgments of any third parties, including any persons attending our activities, entering upon the property of the Fellowship at 4907 Garrett Road, Durham, North Carolina, by reason of activities on a portion thereof, including reasonable attorney fees and bond premiums. Eno River UU Fellowship shall not be liable for any damage to, or loss of, property in the premises belonging to the designated users or to their employees, agents, visitors, licensees, guests, invitees, or other persons in or about the premises, or for damage or loss suffered by our business, from any cause whatsoever, including, but not limited to, consequential damages.
For contracts totaling less than $500: to obtain a full refund of any monies paid in advance, written notice must be received in the office a minimum of thirty days prior to the first use date. Cancellations made less than 30 days but more than 14 days from the first use date will be refunded minus a $25 administrative fee. All cancellations made less than 14 days before the first use date are not refundable. Cancellations made during the term of an ongoing use agreement must be made within 48 hours of a reserved date; rental fees will be calculated on a prorated basis. Payment terms and details are listed on the Contract Proposal.
For contracts over $500: to obtain a refund of any monies paid in advance, written notice must be received in the office a minimum of thirty days prior to the first use date and will be refunded minus 10% of the total contract. All cancellations made less than 14 days before the first use date are not refundable. Cancellations made during the term of an ongoing use agreement must be made within 48 hours of a reserved date; rental fees will be calculated on a prorated basis. Payment terms and details are listed on the Contract Proposal.
Responsibilities of Renter
- Renter is responsible for confirming the accuracy of dates, times , amounts charged, and any other agreements specific to the renter's event(s).
- Renter must attend a scheduled orientation for instructions on locks and building use. (This is made by appointment through the office.)
- A $25.00 refundable key deposit is required for each key. Keys are made available 7 days prior to the event. Keys need to be returned no later than 7 days after the event.
- A refundable security deposit is required for certain rooms.
- Renter is responsible for setup and clean-up of room(s) used. This includes
- setup and breakdown of tables and chairs,
- removal of trash/recyclables from building,
- and resetting the space(s) to the configuration in which it was found.
- Setup and clean-up must take place during your agreed rental period(s). If you need extra time, please contact the office to revise your rental. (Please note that the renter will be charged for any additional time requested.)
- Kitchen must be left as clean as it was found.
- Renter must bag and dump trash in dumpster behind the Fellowship Hall building.
- Renter agrees to follow the Room Use Policies.
For Office Use Only
Group Leader Date